This week in our Baby Signing Time Class we learned about Seasons and Weather, and I couldn’t help but think back to my preschool teaching days and the fun experiments we would do learning about the seasons and weather.
Shaving Cream Rain Clouds, is probably one of my most FAVOURITE activities I did while teaching preschool. It is so full of amazement, and wonder while teaching the basics of the Water Cycle.
Plus it helps with developing Fine Motor Skills which are super important for every day activities (tying shoes, zippers, buttons, etc) and later on writing skills. Squeezing those eye droppers is hard work!
AND, it is super easy to set up! My kind of activity! 🙂
- tall glass (or clear plastic)
- shaving cream
- food colouring
- eye droppers (optional)
- Fill the glass about 1/2-3/4 full of water.
- Fill the remainder with shaving cream
- Drop food colouring on to the shaving cream, and watch as it makes it way down and into the water.
- Discuss what’s happening, the water cycle, the colours, anything related to the activity! We can honestly never talk to our children enough about what they are experiencing and learning.
See? Easy as 1, 2, 3!