It’s no secret that sensory play is one of my most favourite things to do with children. I LOVE to watch their faces light up and listen to their giggles while they explore a sensory activity.
Sensory activities are not only loads of fun, but they are also crucial for brain development in a young child. Here are just some of the many benefits of sensory play:
1) It helps children build their nerve connections and synapses, which are critical for a child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks later on.
2) It encourages children to explore and investigate, helping them become critical thinkers and problem solvers.
3) It helps them develop motor skills as they pick up materials and manipulate them in their hands or transfer them from here to there.
4) Promotes language development as children ask questions, and engage with those around them about the experience.
5) Helps children learn important sensory attributes such has hot, cold, wet, dry, bumpy, smooth, etc.
Our Wiggly Tots Sensory offers loads of sensory activities to help with child development. See the benefits for yourself, and register today!